Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
xnomeda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm   

Send nothing instead of an empty line in trigger

Is there any way to send nothing instead of a blank line from a trigger? i.e. I have a trigger:
Code:
%if(%eval(@cur_health < (0.80*(@max_health))),"tell jolo restore");

If my health is below 80% of max, then it will send 'tell jolo restore', if not it sends a blank line as if I hit enter with nothing in the command bar. Is there any way to circumvent this? This would come in handy for quite a few of my scripts, including my spellup script which checks variables and sends the commands to cast spells based on those variables, but if it doesn't need to recast, it sends a blank line, which sometimes includes sending about10-12 blank lines to the mud because I only need to recast one spell. This isn't exactly a horrible thing, it doesn't affect performance or anything, but it seems ugly to me.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:44 pm   

Is that actually the entire line? You should not start a line with a function or anything starting with a %. Perhaps you should be using #if instead of %if? I think that will actually solve your problem. It thinks this is a command to be sent to the mud, which it evaluates first and ends up sending a blank line.
xnomeda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:03 pm   

Thats perfect, thanks for the tip, yeah I replaced the functions with #IFs and it works great, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: