Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Yodous
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 am   

[3.12] How to force mapper to open at start up

Hi.
From time to time, when I add something to my config file, mapper doesn't open when I start the session.
I'm talking about cMud config (package), not some mapper configuration. Even when I open mapper and close the cMud.
I fix this by load the latest backup of my cfg file, but this is a bit annoing. Is there any way to force the mapper to start?

The option 'Autoload on session start' is checked in mapper options.

I notieced, that when I have this problem, another one occurs. When I open session and open manualy mapper, then close the session (use the session close window button on the top right corner), the window with sessions appear but the map is still turned on and can make some errors when I click on it.
When I deleted the content of Sessions/Mud/Map folder, saved this, reset cMud and added a new map, I don't even seen the locations in the Package Editor (and the mapper still doesn't open at start up).

Best regards
Yodous

PS. If this gonna help I can upload this file for you Zugg
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:04 pm   

What do you mean by "add something to my config file"? What exactly are you changing that triggers the problem?

The 'Autoload on session start' is (partially) independent of whether the mapper window appears. You can have the map loaded, but not have the window displayed. In fact, when you close the mapper window, the map is still loaded. Whether the mapper window appears when you open a session should be determined by your layout.
Yodous
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:02 pm   

1) I can't say what i'm adding becouse I'm developing my config all the time. I have a lots of my own script and it's hard t say what trigger the problem
2) The mapper isn't loaded, becouse (as I assuming), when I click the mapper icon I see the progress bar of loading map

I have some bad habbit to sometimes write #SAVE and enter in command line, maybe some alarms or other things that are saved when #SAVE fired trigger the problem?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:53 pm   

I think you are misunderstanding some terms. What do you mean by "developing my config"? I think of your configuration as your settings, under the Preferences window. I believe that is what is in the config file, the .cfg file. It sounds like you mean your scripts, which are definitely not your "configuration".

#save will save your current layout. If your mapper window isn't open when you do #save, you will be saving a layout without the mapper window open. Could that be your problem?
Yodous
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:44 am   

Ok. So let's make it clear. By saying 'my configuration' I mean my scripts.
Sorry for some missunderstanding.

And no, this isn't my problem. I think, that in some point, there is a small bug that corrupt my script file and block mapper to load at start up. Is this even possible?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:28 pm   

I can't think of any way that modifying your scripts could mess up your mapper window like that. Hopefully someone else has an idea.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:12 pm   

CMUD will open your map window if the map was opened the last time you played the session. CMUD auto-saves your layout when you exit. When you open the session again, CMUD restored the previous layout. So just make sure the Map window is open when you exit CMUD.

You shouldn't need to use the #SAVE command unless you have turned off the AutoSave Layout option. As I said, CMUD normally automatically saves the layout when you exit.

If your layout is corrupted, you can try holding down the SHIFT key and clicking the Open Offline action and then click the Map button to open the mapper and position it the way you want it. Then exit CMUD to save the new layout.

There is very little that you could be doing in your scripts to cause the mapper window to disappear. But you might want to check to make sure you only have a single Map Database object in your settings.

As far as terminology: "Configuration" is used to refer to your mapper configuration (room, description, exits, etc). "Settings" is used to refer to your Scripts (triggers, aliases, etc), and "Preferences" is used to refer to your options (colors, fonts, etc)
Yodous
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:42 pm   

Zugg wrote:
If your layout is corrupted, you can try holding down the SHIFT key and clicking the Open Offline action and then click the Map button to open the mapper and position it the way you want it. Then exit CMUD to save the new layout.

This fix the problem.
Thx :)

Best regards.
Yodous
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: