Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jackcott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:52 pm   

#if to what?

so, just made the leap from zmud to cmud. Once I can figure out how to get my settings to show up after importing them in, I plan on trying to optimize with some of these new commands. one of the first things I'd like to do is figure out how to replace my current #if trig packed curing system. let's say I have a salve balance triggered command that then goes through a list of variables that are updated based on the messages it picks up. Something like it cycles through a list until it hits a variable that's true and cures it, thus terminating the curing trigger until balance is once again attained and it goes through the list again. What command(s) are best suited for me to play with? Was looking at the #switch command, but not sure if I'm missing something. I'm not a great coder by any means, just trying to build my knowledge base by making my own puny attempts at building here.

Also, if anyone wants to let me in on how to get my zmud settings to show up after importing them, please, by all means, drop a line! Thanks!
Tarken Aurelius
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 am   

You might wanna try #EXIT, #BREAK, #FORALL,...it depends on how you want to go about it exactly. If you could show me what you're working with and explain a little bit better what you want to do, I could give you the best (in my opinion) way to do it.

As far as the zMUD->CMUD importation goes...it's been a while but if you name your session the same as it was in zMUD ( I don't recall if it kept your sessions ) in theory it should load. Otherwise, try finding out where the converted settings went and load them manually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: