Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Soujirou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:01 pm   

Achaea Auto-Sipper

I'm developing an Achaean Auto-sipper; but having a bit of trouble...

The Trigger pattern looks something like this: ^(%d)h, (%d)m?(*)~-$
The Script like this:
#VA health %1
#VA mana %2

So basically I'm setting @health to the first digit, and @mana to the second. Checking that it's the beginning of the line. I'm then putting something along the lines of:
#IF @health < (@maxhealth * .8) {sip health} {#NOOP}

I'm setting the @maxhealth and @maxmana variables by using this Trigger pattern: ^Health: 2340/(%d) Mana: 2320/(%d)
And this Script:
#VA maxhealth %1
#VA maxmana %2

Which triggers every time you enter Achaea and check your score. However, as far as I've come; all the variables set, but it returns "(said trigger) fired but failed to compile." Does anyone have any insight to this?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:23 am   

That message means that you have an errror in your script. Please copy the exact script and paste it into the forum, within [code] and [/code] marks, so we can see what the problem is.
Tarken Aurelius
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:44 pm   

You need to use brackets around an expression to make it work:
Code:
#TRIGGER {^(%d)h, (%d)m(*)~-$} {#var health %1;#var mana %2;#IF (@health < {@maxhealth*.8}) {sip @health}}

Also, you don't need to use #NOOP inside the 'false' section of your #IF statement. If it is omitted, it is assumed that nothing will happen.
Additionally, you need to use @health instead of just 'health' if you're going to be using the value of a variable somewhere. (As in your previous IF-True scenario)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: