Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nilats
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 am   

tick timer keeps running even after stopping it

anyone had this happen? i went so far as to uninstall and reinstall but my setting were automatically there and the timer still continues to run..
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:33 pm   

How are you trying to stop the timer? We need a lot more detail to have any idea what you are doing.
Tarken Aurelius
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:23 pm   

Check that you don't have any timer functions in any of your triggers and aliases. To stop your timer, you can use #TS 0. Maybe somewhere you have #TS or #TI in one of your scripts. Double check that and see if it helps.
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 am   Solved - with workaround

I have had the same problem. I use the GUI to set the timer to 60 sec. and started it, with a 'look' command every 60secs. I was simply preventing myself from idling out of my mud when i did the dishes. Upon finishing my dishes i went back to the tick timer and set used the 'stop' button to stop it, and the button changed to 'start' and then the countdown stopped. However the tick timer was still going every 60 seconds, performing the 'look' command. I tried resetting it, stopping and starting cmud, and restarting my computer. The tick timer continued until I used #TS 0 on the command line. CMUD told me the 'timer now at 0 secs.' message, and the ticking stopped. I'm certain I have nothing in my settings with #TS at all, as I was unaware of the command. Therefore I would suggest that this is some sort of bug. The GUI stated the the tick timer was stopped, but the tick still occurred every 60 seconds. Thanks for the fix on this, but i really think this should get fixed, so the GUI can stop the tick timer.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:19 am   

It was probably already fixed in the beta. The difference between the list of old bugs still affecting 2.37 and the list of old bugs still affecting the beta is getting rather significant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: