Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:24 pm   

[Enhancement] Case sensitive tab-complete?

I was wondering if there could be an option to make tab-completion case-sensitive? I run into the issue all the time where I want to match someone's name so I start typing:

Lo

Then I hit tab complete. Instead of looking case sensitive wise for the last item that starts with "Lo" (which would find the name) it finds things like "look" and "long" and every other type of item except for the person's name like I wanted.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:55 pm   

I'll add that to the wish list. I don't think it would be very hard to do.

Seems like maybe the default should be to match *anything* if you just type lower-case text in the command line, but if you type something into the command line that has any uppercase in it, then it should do a case-sensitive match. That would be the default. Then there could be options for forcing case-sensitive all the time, or disabling the auto-case-sensitive mode.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 pm   

That's an even better idea. I like the idea of auto-engaging when it sees capitalization. That way you can type lower case and it will match upper-case, but if you go to the effort of typing in something with case, it will respect what you type in.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:36 am   

Hmmm... I'd prefer that this be a settings option or something, although I know there are so many that it's tough to keep them form becoming overwhelming. I'd hate to see the case where if I fat finger the Shift or Caps Lock key in a furious battle while shouting to updates to my party and suddenly my attack aliases no longer work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: