Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page 1, 2  Next
MrBG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:14 pm   

[Fixed][3.10]Xp\Vista After using the command #find Crash

Cmud 3.10 (Pro) I try on xp and vista Х64 100% crash After using #find

Steps:

1. Create a new session
2. Open Mapper
3. Use #find command 100% crash in 100% cases without Log

else

1. Make a new installation Cmud 3.10 (Pro) on another computer
2. Make new connection
3. configured Mapper
4. Use #find command 100% crash in 100% cases without Log

Play in russian Mud, in russian lang.

Rollback to 3.09 work Fine

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by MrBG on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:38 pm   

I was just trying to trace this problem myself!

Steps I can take to reproduce this are:

1) open cmud
2) close sessions window for untitled session
3) open map window
4) in map window, config > new configuration, to trick cmud into accepting a config
5) #find from command line

other info.. this is a VERY HARD CRASH, cmud error reporting does not catch this. I get a windows AV...

"error: asccess violation at 0xXXXXXXX (tried to write to 0x01c90ffc), program terminated"

And Cmud goes POOF!
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 pm   

ditto. #find kills me
access violation at 0x76e883c5 (tried to write to 0x01ef0fe0), program terminated
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 pm   

Added to bug list
Obyron
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 pm   

The #FIND crash is kind of a game breaker for me, but my understanding is that 3.08b is going to expire and force an upgrade. Can anyone recommend some sort of scripted workaround to #FIND?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:43 pm   

I hope to have a fix for that later today.
Obyron
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 pm   

Oh, sweet. :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:05 pm   

I found the #FIND bug and have fixed it. But I'm still waiting to hear from some people who were getting a crash of "Requested database driver was not found" to see if the new update above also fixed that database error or not.

Edited: The cause of the bug was an infinite loop. That's why it was a "hard" crash. The #FIND command was setting the Map mode of the mapper, which in 3.10 was updating the map mode of the Location object. Which was then updating the Map mode of the mapper window attached to the Location object, etc, etc...infinite loop...boom.

Last edited by Zugg on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:06 pm   

Fixed in the 3.10a version that I just released.
MrBG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:31 am   

Work fine in 3.10a XP/Vista
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:35 am   

I have no more crash but it doesnt match the room name and actually FIND me anymore...
the mapper does something just not move my position
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:29 pm   

Check your map configuration and make sure it can still create new rooms in Map mode and that it properly follows you around the MUD in Safe speedwalking mode. The usual cause of the problem you mention is a bad mapper configuration. Given all of the changes in recent versions, you should probably use the Config/Reconfig menu to reconfigure your mapper.

#FIND is working properly on the MUD that I play here.
Obyron
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 pm   

I'm having the same problem. #FIND doesn't cause crashes, but it doesn't find me either. The mapper follows me fine in Safe speedwalking, and it creates new rooms in map mode with no problem, but #FIND won't find me. My config for Aardwolf follows:

Code:

Version: 211
Name Start: 0
Desc Start: 1
Desc End: 5
Exit Start: 0
Exit End: 0
Exit in Prompt: 1
Exit in Name: 0
Exit contains key: 0
Name paragraph: 1
Desc paragraph: 1
Exit paragraph: 0
Bracket prompt: 0
Short exit names: 0
vNum in Name: 0
Exit keyword:
Exit after keyword: 0
Match room name mode: 1
Use Descriptions: 0
Entire exit paragraph: 0
Single char exit: 0
Autoprompt detect: 1
Complex prompt: 0
Prompt char: [
Name ends in period: 0
Number prompt: 0
No MUD Prompt: 0
Room Name Propercase: 0
Prompt trigger: ^\[\w+\: \w+  \]
Prompt Regex: 1
Description changes: 0
[End]
Moo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:12 pm   

Clicking on the "find" button in the mapper now seems to only "find" me correctly if its set to "Map" mode and not "Follow" mode..
MrBG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:43 pm   

Moo wrote:
Clicking on the "find" button in the mapper now seems to only "find" me correctly if its set to "Map" mode and not "Follow" mode..

Same problem. FIND work only in MAP mode.
Obyron
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:20 pm   

Yeah, it'll work for me in map mode.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm   

What's very odd about this is that the #FIND command activates Map Mode itself, and this is actually what was causing the crash/hang in the original 3.10 release. There was an infinite loop when it tried to set Map mode, which then told the Location object to set Map mode, which then causes the map to set Map mode, etc, etc...infinite loop.

I'll add this to the bug list, but I don't know what is stopping #FIND from setting Map mode.

I'm not doing any more "quick fixes" this week, so this will need to wait until the 3.11 version next month.
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 pm   

I noticed this problem this morning but wasn't sure if I had messed up my configuration.

I do believe that #find is setting the map mode, but not capturing the room info. The reason I say this is very briefly the map window flickers after a #find, i'm pretty sure that it's displaying the edit palette and then hiding it, maybe before the room info is capture?

As a side note... why does the mapper need to be set to map mode?
I would assume you could activate the room capture routine(s) separately from map editing/room addition/ect and then query the map database.
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Obyron
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:26 pm   

I whipped up a workaround for #FIND that'll work with Aardwolf. Aard has a 'room' command that returns:

You are in: Room Name (Exits)

I have an alias called findme:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <alias name="findme">
    <value>#T+ TRfindme
~room</value>
  </alias>
</cmud>

and a trigger that catches the output from room. I use a sysmsg alias to report feedback from scripts so everything is uniform. You can replace all occurrences of sysmsg with #SHOW, or use a similar alias of your own. You may also need to change the classes to suit you.

Code:

<cmud>
  <trigger name="TRfindme" priority="30540" enabled="false">
    <pattern>^You are in: (*) ~((*)~).$</pattern>
    <value>$findstring = %replace( %1, "'", "''")
$findstring = %mapquery( {[Name] LIKE '$findstring%'})
$roomexits = %sort(%pathexpand(%lower(%2)))
#VAR findstring {} _nodef mapsw
#FORALL $findstring {
  #IF (%sort(%roomexit(%i)) = $roomexits) {
    #ADDITEM findstring %i
    }
  }
#IF (%numitems(@findstring) = 1) {
  #TEL @findstring
  sysmsg One match found. Teleported.
  } {
  #IF (%numitems(@findstring) >1) {
    sysmsg Multiple matches. Use rnames to see a list.
    } {
    sysmsg No matches found.
    }
  }
#T- TRfindme</value>
  </trigger>
</cmud>

Finally I use an 'rnames' command to view the list of there's more than one match. I use the same command in my scripts to view results from my different mapquery aliases.

Code:

<cmud>
  <alias name="rnames" autoappend="true">
    <value>#FORALL @findstring {
  #SHOW %ansi( high, bright, white)%roomname( %i) ~(%ansi( high, bright, yellow)%zonename( %roomzone( %i))%ansi( high, bright, white)~) ~[%ansi( high, bright, red)%i%ansi( high, bright, white)~]
  }
</value>
  </alias>
</cmud>

Note that all of this would be simpler if I knew how to search for exits data directly in mapquery. If a way exists (and indeed, if there's actually a reference somewhere of all the attributes you can search for with mapquery), please let me know. Also, if you are using tags you can capture the room desc to a variable when you enter a room and compare that to %roomdesc for even more accuracy. It's not all pretty, but it works.
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:46 pm   

#find works in map mode but not follow. creating and following in safe is fine though. the mapper flickers when I type #find but the buttons do not switch to map mode and back to follow like it used to. It looks like it stays in follow.
as long as its on the list
Hamstro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:26 pm   

Zugg, is there any update on this? We're well into "next month" now, and the mapper is much less useful without being able to use find. I realize that this only happens when in Follow mode, but staying in Map mode while walking around usually results in some pretty funky mapping errors.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:35 pm   

If you read some of my other posts, you would know that we were on vacation the first part of September, and have had family visiting the last part. So the entire month of Sept has been a wash for me. You'll see another version later in October.

However, I also need to mention that right now I am more focused on getting the Public TeSSH client released so CMUD mapper issues are taking a lower priority. So whether this gets fixed or not really depends upon how easy it is to fix.
Hamstro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:18 pm   

I completely understand that you have other things going on besides CMUD, both privately and professionally. But you may also be able to understand the frustration your customers experience when you fail to meet announced release dates (even if they are stated informally). I can see now that my comment may have come off a bit snarky, but while unintentional, it is to some degree a reflection of this frustration.

Basically, I am just hoping to get my CMUD mapper in working condition soon.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:49 pm   

I never give release dates. Never have. And this is exactly why.
Hamstro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:18 pm   

Zugg wrote:
I'm not doing any more "quick fixes" this week, so this will need to wait until the 3.11 version next month.

I'll stop pestering you now, but since the above was written by you on the 29th of July, I thought I had reason to believe that 3.11 and a fix for the issue would be available during late August, maybe mid September. I'm not trying to be obtuse, this was genuinely my interpretation of the above statement - and a fair interpretation in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: