Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:37 pm   

Help perfecting a cast bot

Right now I am using a very clunky bot I made for my caster. There are 2 identical mobs in the room I am killing with 1 exit out. I memorize my spells, stand check my spells and if they're all up I go into the room and cast on the mobs and flee out after 1 spell, mem and repeat. I use commands to check on the spells (glance (like looking at a player/mob, but only shows certain spells and not desc/gear) and attributes (shows armor class)), but would like to do this with variables that track when a spell is up or down via the spell cast and spell fall messages.

Here is the current set I am using:
Code:
#TRIGGER {Armor Class: -100} {glance me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {Armor Class: -84 } {cast 'energy shield' me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {his form is blurred and difficult to make out!$^he has little gills in his neck!} {stone me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {his form is blurred and difficult to make out!$^he is surrounded by burning flames!} {cast 'stone' me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {his form is blurred and difficult to make out!$^his body seems to be made of stone!} {n;con2} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {his skin has a barklike texture..$^he has little gills in his neck!} {blur me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {his skin has a barklike texture..$^his body seems to be made of stone!} {blur me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {Loramir *.$^he has little gills in his neck!} {cast 'blur' me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {Loramir *.$^his body seems to be made of stone!} {cast 'blur' me} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {Nobody here by that name.$^< * > Nobody here by that name.} {#wait 55000;eb2t} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {PANIC!  You couldn't escape!} {flee} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You abort your spell before it's done!} {flee} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You complete your spell...$^A magical energy shield envelops you!} {rest} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You complete your spell...$^You feel your skin harden to stone.} {rest} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You complete your spell...$^Your form begins to blur!} {rest} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You flee southward!} {rest} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You get * coins from corpse of a practicing thespian.} {put all.coin @container;flee} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You make a slight gripping gesture in the air and a practicing thespian's eyes bug out in pain!} {flee} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {You scramble madly to your feet!} {flee} "enchanter-bot"
#TRIGGER {Your studies are complete.} {att} "enchanter-bot"

The spell out messages I am worried about are:
Your magical shield shudders and vanishes.
Your form stops blurring.
Your flesh loses its stony texture.

And then the spell up messages are in the same order:
A magical energy shield envelops you!
Your form begins to blur!
You feel your skin harden to stone.

Thanks anyone who takes the time to help me refine this.

Last edited by LordFett213 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:12 am   

What I'm thinking is something like;
#trigger {Your magical shield shudders and vanishes.} {#var eshield 0}
#trigger {Your form stops blurring.} {#var blur 0}
#trigger {Your flesh loses its stony texture.} {#var stoneskin 0}
#trigger {A magical energy shield envelops you!} {#var eshield 1}
#trigger {Your form begins to blur!} {#var blur 1}
#trigger {You feel your skin harden to stone.} {#var stoneskin 1}

Now this is where I start to get fuzzy on how to do things.
#trigger {Your studies are complete.} check @eshield, if it is 1 check @blur, if @eshield is 0 cast energy shield, then check @blur, same thing if 1 check @stoneskin, if 0 cast blur, then onto @stoneskin. If 1 move to room with mobs and cast, if 0 cast stoneskin.
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:58 pm   

Code:
#CLASS {tbot2} {disable}
#TRIGGER {Your magical shield shudders and vanishes.} {#var eshield 0}
#TRIGGER {Your form stops blurring.} {#var blur 0}
#TRIGGER {Your flesh loses its stony texture.} {#var stoneskin 0}
#TRIGGER {A magical energy shield envelops you!} {#var eshield 1}
#TRIGGER {Your form begins to blur!} {#var blur 1}
#TRIGGER {You feel your skin harden to stone.} {#var stoneskin 1}
#TRIGGER {You complete your spell...$^You make a slight gripping gesture in the air and a practicing thespian's eyes bug out in pain!} {flee}
#TRIGGER {You flee &DIR~ward!$} {rest}
#CLASS 0
#CLASS {tbot2|spellup}
#TRIGGER {You complete your spell...$} {#T- SPELLUP;#T+ SPELLCHECK;REST;MEM}
#CLASS 0
#CLASS {tbot2|spellcheck}
#TRIGGER {Your studies are complete.$} {STAND;#IF (@STONESKIN = 0) {#T- SPELLCHECK;#T+ SPELLUP;cast 'stoneskin' me};#IF (@ESHIELD = 0) {#T- SPELLCHECK;#T+ SPELLUP;cast 'energy shield' me};#IF (@BLUR = 0) {#T- SPELLCHECK;#T+ SPELLUP;cast 'blur' me}}
#CLASS 0

I'm not sure how to get the fight started now. What about a 4th variable that with each spell-up it adds 1 and if it is 3 it turn on the class to engage and as each spell fades it subtracts 1.
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 am   

Finished the spellcheck trigger with the direction of the mobs since that is static and my spellcast alias.

Next order of business is to make a trigger from the prompt to check on my health and pause to heal if I get too low.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: