Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 pm   

[3.10a] Mapper/location bug and crash(es)

I upgraded directly from 3.08 to 3.10a without incident. However, I am now encountering several related crashes and bugs in the mapper/location arena.

1. After the upgrade, I loaded a session. It converted packages, loaded windows (including the mapper), and then crashed with an access violation somewhere in my login code (crash report sent, btw). After some debugging I found that it is related to one of two lines in my login triggers:
    Code:
    #TRACK %char
    which just makes me track the right location
    Code:
    #MENU {Mapper|View|Center on current room}
    which makes sure I'm looking at it.

These commands just make sure that I'm looking at the part of my map where the character just loaded, since I have several on the MUD and they load in different spots (sometimes). I also have a utility window loaded by one of my packages (window is named HUD), and it tends to be the location selected by default if I don't set it manually. If I comment both lines out, no crash at login time.

2. Once I'm logged in, the location dropdown on the mapper SHOWS both the HUD location, and my character's location, and is set to track location <none>. I can select the HUD location from the dropdown just fine. If I select the characer location, though, the dropdown still displays '<none>'. The #LOC command shows both locations, and claims that the character's location is current. However, the spot in the mapper window for the character's location does not appear.

3. At that point, I clicked on the mapper, to try to 'set current location'. Crashed immediately after the click, before the right-click menu was displayed (haven't submitted that crash yet, but will).

#1 is perfectly reproduceable. Once I comment out the offending lines, #2 is perfectly reproduceable. I've only experienced #3 once so far, because I switched back to 3.08 for the moment to get the actual MUD task I'm working on done. Will post more when I have more details, including trials with fresh sessions on the same MUD.

I can make map and script files available if Zugg needs them to reproduce the behavior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: