Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 am   

Beta Forum Categories/Subforums?

I'm not sure how others feel, but it seems it would be easier if the Beta forum could be divided up between the Pro version and Regular version? Maybe also create a subforum for mapper only related issues, which seem to be most of the threads being posted lately?

I don't have Pro, and I don't use the mapper. However, just trying to make my way through all the threads for mapper stuff to maybe find something relating to my problem gives me a headache. Razz

It seems like this would also make it much easier to track problems down due to the categorization. I'm not saying categorize every aspect, but just these three since the basic and pro versions are different, and the mapper is also pretty much a separate issue from the rest of the client? It's just an idea and it would certainly help me as a reader of the forum allowing me to skip over the all the threads that don't even pertain to me. For example, and no offense to Reed, but looking at the beta forum right now there are tons of posts by Reed. Half of them say 3.10 and the other half say 3.10 Pro and most all of them deal with the mapper. Are those problems specific to Pro or what version does he exactly use? both?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:21 pm   

I hear what you're saying oldguy2, but the trick is figuring out how to do the break down. There's alot of overlap between Basic and Pro, and I use Pro almost exclusively. However the nature of the code compilation suggests that unless it's a pro specific feature then it will affect the Basic version as well.

For example alot of the Mapper stuff that ReedN has been posting about will affect the Basic version as well. Right now I think the main differences are that Pro has FTP, SSH and as yet un-named Mapper enhancements and access to the zMapper API.

The other thing is that not everyone will know definitively if where a particular bug post belongs. I haven't seen it yet, but it's possible for a bug to be in Basic but no in Pro, and vice versa.

I know Zugg is planning a rewrite of the site which likely include keyword tagging for the posts. I think this will ultimately be the best bet, but it will take a while to happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: