Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mageslayer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:39 am   

Log/copy in BBCode color?

I'm trying to log something for the MUD I play in a format that allows it to be directly pasted in color to the MUD's forums.

The color syntax function does not work for what I want to do for the following reasons:

1: BBCode requires closing tags at the END of a block of colored text, and as far as I can see, the color syntax option only allows characters to be input at the BEGINNING of your text.
2: I use the color syntax option to copy/paste things into the MUD as well, and having BBCode in place of the MUD's internal colo syntax would interfere with this.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:55 am   

This is going to be difficult in zMUD because it only has ANSI colour logging. You'd either have to use a very complex ansi trigger and #write, a plugin, or a third-party utility like Charbal's HTML log converter.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Mageslayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:42 am   

A third party utility would be fine, provided it works. Can you link me please? A google search yielded nothing (In fact searching "Charbal's HTML log converter" brought this page as the first result).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: