Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Eiredrake
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:39 pm   

Problems with Dropbox & CMUD v. 2.37

Greetings,

I only play on one Mux, but I use CMUD both at work and on my laptop at home. Because I didn't want to have to have different settings in both locations I started storing my character related files in a getdropbox.com dropbox. It's rather nice since it's available anywhere and is version controlled.

Unfortunately since I started doing this things have gone completely bonkers. I've spent days working on aliases and database interaction only to find that they no longer work when I use them at home but still function ok at work. Worse yet they just don't do anything and don't report an error. I've had databases no longer load when I tell them to. I've had characters become corrupted and need to be re-created. I've had strange interactions on logon wherein I immediately see three rejected commands echoed from the mux and then a sudden disconnect every time I connect to the mux. Im not sure where to even start to diagnose this but I really don't want to use all the settings, databases, buttons, aliases, triggers and variables that I've created. Is there some safe way to export these from a working session so that they can be imported into a non-function or even a new session so that they don't break?

These things are just files so I'm not sure I understand why these problems are cropping up in the first place.

Another thing that has cropped up recently is that every time I open the Sessions window I get prompted to 'Transfer sessions from ZMUD'. I did own ZMUD at one point, but I stopped using it when I bought CMUD. Since that time I've reinstalled my OS at least twice so there isn't any ZMUD stuff left on this computer. But it keeps on prompting me.

any suggestions as to what might be going on here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: