Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Obyron
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:09 pm   

.dbm Map Compatibility

Is there anyway to backport a CMud .dbm map to work in ZMud? I'm working on a map that's shared among several people, and I've made a bunch of changes, but some of the folks are still using ZMud and I'd like to be able to convert what I have rather than dust off ZMud just to redo it all.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:21 pm   

I don't there has been any work to do this. I'm fairly certain the conversion is one-way especially since you with a different database type (and I believe even a different data structure).

I don't think Zugg is going to do this, although some enterprising CMUD user with coding and DB skills could attempt to do this. To be frank though, I don't think that's very likely either. I believe ReedN and a few others were working on a script to recycle room numbers, that code would probably make a good starting point.
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm   

It is possible, it would just be a matter of reading in all the data from the one version and writing it out in the old format. I posted my Perl code in the finished scripts section and would be a good starting point for you.

I'd also recommend downloading a free SQLite DB viewer to get familiar with the structure.

Also be aware that my db had hundreds of data corruption items in it so you might want to clean it up before conversion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: