Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jakj
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:04 pm   

Mapper/Speedwalking on Aardwolf

So, Aardwolf has the lovely "run" command that is a server-side speedwalk with decreased lag and spam and prevention of a failed walk continuing to run for 50 failed steps while a monster is attacking. Since the mapper in Safe mode just triggers on the room name without waiting for a prompt (I think?), I figure it would work fine, since the MUD is displaying -only- the room names in the run command.

So the question is, can the mapper at all be gotten to use the run command for its speedwalking? Double-click on map speedwalking with run would be awesome, but even if it's just to favourite rooms or something else that I can put in an alias script (say, perhaps, an alias that takes a room number or ID in the mapper, asks the mapper for the path from the current position to it, and #sends that to the MUD) would still be excellent.

The syntax of the run command is just "run <dirlist>" such as "run 2se5n5enu".
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 pm   

You can (and others have) write a script for it. I've done that, in fact. Heck, I even have my own 'runto' alias, which works better than the Aardwolf one. ;)

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: