Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jorville
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:05 am   

loading backup settings

i got several tabbed windows to capture tells and other channels etc, somehow they got messed up, i had a backup settings file saved, but i cant seem to get it to load correctly, whenever it loads it loads the tabs for capturing into seperate tabbed windows from my mud window instead of loading split screen like they used to, any suggestions? should i be saving anything other then the package files from the editor section maybe? thanks for the help
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:22 am   

The relative positions of windows are saved in a .xly file rather than a .pkg file - if you've backed up from an old copy you probably deleted the .xly file, or the window IDs in the file don't match the IDs in the restored .pkg file. The simple solution is just to put the windows how you want them and the layout should be saved in a new file.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Jorville
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:44 am   

so when i want to backup every setton for a cmud session, are there any files besides .pkg and .xly file? or is there an option somewhere to backup everything that i missed? i was doing it by hand
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:47 pm   

You basically want the whole My Games\CMUD\YourMudName folder. The .dbm file is your map and the .zfg file is the configuration for it. The .pkg file is your triggers and aliases and whatnot. The .tbz file is any toolbar customizations you've done. The .xly file is your window layout. It's simpler just to keep the whole folder ;)

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: