Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
teknozwizard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:17 pm   

Logging

If I have a #CAPTURE trigger window open, is it possible to log the text in the #CAPTURE window only? Or does the main window log prevent that from happening? If I can just log the #CAPTURE channel, say for like....when I capture the text on the OOC channel and I want to log it in case I have to shut down cMud real quick or just in general want to log it, how would I do that without interrupting the main game log that's recording it? I don't like sifting through the main game log to find specific OOC says or specific clan says if I can just record each channel individually and sift through that one channels log.
diehard2k0
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:38 pm   

Yes it is. Pull up your package editor, click on the window you want to put the trigger in on the left, then put the trigger under there.
teknozwizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:36 am   

You misunderstand me. I've got the capture triggers working, but I want to log the capture tabs that open up from the trigger, is that possible without overriding the original main game log?
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:03 pm   

I just tried a few options, but was unable to get 2 logs at the same time. You might try using #file/#write/#close.
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:24 pm   

Wrym is correct that CMUD only has a single log file using the #LOG commands. You'll need to use the #FILE/#WRITE/#CLOSE commands as he mentioned to write to multiple files.
teknozwizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:33 am   

As silly as this sounds, would someone mind breaking down what #file/#write/#close mean individually and how to use them together (as the multiple /'s make it seem like I need to use all 3 commands together) so that I know how to properly use these commands? That would be so awesome. Thanks so much for helping me with this.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:15 am   

#FILE 1 "c:\blah\blah\blah"
#WRITE 1 {what you want to write}
#CLOSE 1

the file will stay open until you close it, or the session
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:29 pm   

Basically, you have an OnConnect event in that window to do the #file command and open the file. You have a trigger that fires on everything to do the #write command, and you have an OnDisconnect event to do the #close command.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: