Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:07 pm   

Zugg's To-Do list

Yes, I am completely overwhelmed these days. It doesn't help that I've also been sick for the past two and a half weeks and yet I've been trying to work anyway.

But here is my current to-do list. This might help people understand my current priorities and issues. If you want to help with any of these items, let me know.

High-Priority list (in order)
  1. General bug fixes (ongoing)
  2. TeSSH documentation and knowledge base (done)
  3. TeSSH web pages (done)
  4. TeSSH licensing (done)
  5. TeSSH shopping cart pages (done)
  6. Release TeSSH public version (generate new income) (very soon now)
  7. CMUD Mapper bug fixes (ongoing)
  8. More CMUD general bug fixes (ongoing)
  9. CMUD documentation updates (done)
  10. CMUD Public version (very soon now)

Other projects (unordered)
  • Never-ending bug fixing
  • Convert entire Zuggsoft web site from PHP4 to PHP5 for credit card PCI compliance (rewrite site using Drupal) (being done on Tessh.com)
  • Rewrite Zuggsoft shopping cart code to handle PayPal PayFlowPro changes before Sept 1st (done)
  • Clean up bug database and convert to web-based system
  • Unicode conversion so I can use newer versions of Delphi
  • CMUD Mapper Phase 2 (mapper configuration) (mostly done)
  • CMUD Mapper Phase 3 (mapper graphics engine)
  • Integrated Chat features
  • cMapper program to edit CMUD map database format (on hold because of MapConvert and plans to move cMapper features into later CMUD)
  • CMUD Screencasts to help new users with CMUD
  • Improved CMUD documentation and tutorials
  • Rewrite CMUD database module to use real database
  • Add zs object API to other scripting languages
  • Add zApp "forms" to CMUD
  • Add Package Library web interface to web site
  • Add MyMUDs.com features to web site, such as private library areas and forums

Now, try doing all of that during the worst economic conditions of modern times, when more and more kids would rather use free, open-source software than to support a small family business, or when kids would rather spend $15/month playing WoW instead of playing MUDs. ($30 over 2-years for CMUD vs >$400 over 2-years for WoW+expansions). Do all of this while still trying to make enough money to pay for my mortgage and other bills.

So yes, I'm stressed and overwhelmed these days. Go figure.

Edited: Oh yeah, let's not forget the 2-hours everyday of email and forum support. Although huge thanks to the Gurus who help so much with the online forum support!

Last edited by Zugg on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 8 times in total
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:42 pm   

Thanks for update Zugg
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm   

Hey Zugg, if you give detail for the scenarios for the screencasts you want to do, and what program you want to use, then some of us forum users can probably help you with the more basic one of those.
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:41 pm   

I'd just like to say thanks for all your hard work/effort! I for one truly appreciate your program and would much rather pay for it, than use a free one of lesser quality.

That being said, where does the standalone version of CMud sit on that list? I've been waiting for that for some time, and would happily spend more money on it if it let me use triggers/maps from work :D

Thanks again Zugg!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:13 pm   

The "Free" CMUD Lite project was abandoned. The feature to allow you to store your triggers on the server and use CMUD remotely is still a possibility for the future, but it won't store your maps, just your scripts. That feature depends upon the "MyMuds.com" web site project, which just ended up getting too big and expensive for the potential sales it would generate.

But it's still shown on the list above as the "Add MyMUDs.com features to web site, such as private library areas and forums" at the bottom of the list. However, that second list of topics is not in any specific order, which means that the order is to-be-determined based upon future demand.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:37 pm   

Updated some of the status in the first post. The TeSSH documentation on www.tessh.com is now integrated with the next version of TeSSH, so I'm not going to wait until I've converted/written all of the other help topics before the TeSSH public release. I'll release TeSSH and then continue to work on the help over time. Nearly all of the help articles need to be rewritten with examples less geared towards MUD playing. Gurus are also helping with this.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 pm   

Interesting that this post was written a year ago today and little has changed. Money issues distracted me last year with doing web sites for people for money and money is still a huge issue as the "summer slump" of sales has hit again.

Not much to update except that I've released 12 versions in the past month in an effort to deal with issue #1 (General bug fixes) so that I can move forward with #6. Still hoping for a TeSSH release this month, but I've been hoping for that for many months now. These "performance improvements" that I've been making to low-level code before a public release are really killing me. But I think we are done with those kind of changes now for a while.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:47 pm   

Updated with latest for pending Public Version. High-priority list almost done now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: