Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:48 pm   

[30XB] Problems with secondary window buttons

When I want buttons attached to a secondary window I place them in a class folder and attach the folder to the window so that I can manipulate their visibility by using #T+/- on the class.
However, what I've found is that this only works as long as an error doesn't occur within said window. Once an error occurs (a script failure, for instance), the buttons disappear and their visibility cannot be restored via script. Manually disabling and enabling the class does restore visibility, though.
Here is the code snippet that acts on the button class.
Code:

#EXECWIN windowname {
  #T- buttonclassname
  #T+ buttonclassname
  }

Either the above code is not the way to do it or there is a bug. Please advise.
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:59 am   

Why are you following a #T- command immediately with a #T+? Is that just part of your example? Either way it doesn't make a great deal of sense. I don't have CMUD handy to test right now but if I recall, you shouldn't need the execwin either - so long as the class has a unique name it should enable and disable just fine from whatever module you choose.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:22 pm   

I have no idea why it doesn't make sense to you. However, if you manually disable and enable a button (or a class containing buttons) it will force the buttons to become visible again. Which is the point. The code shown above exactly mimics the manual action. Since the buttons shouldn't disappear to begin with, that is the main issue with the post. I have resorted to the above script because the buttons do disappear. That is stated in the post. I use #EXECWIN because I can guarantee the execution context (i.e that the script will be executed under the target window) that way. Not using #EXECWIN runs the danger that CMUD will look in the window executing the script for the button class which in this case is attached to the secondary window(as stated in the post). I have incurred context errors in the past (perhaps a CMUD bug) and doing it this way has solved the (context) problem. Again, the main point of my post is/was the the buttons disappear.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:59 pm   

You'll need to post your exact button XML code that is in the shared package and then post a procedure for causing one of these errors that you mentioned. I played with this for a while and couldn't get it to fail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: