Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
adalius
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:10 pm   

[3.08] Editor Not Responding To Mousewheel

If I have my normal layout which is 3 windows and the mapper open, then open the package editor to edit a script.
If I mousewheel up/down to scroll the code, my mapper zooms in and out.

It still occurs even if I click the editor first to make sure it has the focus.

If it was just a matter of the prior window retaining focus, then the clicking the mud window before opening the
editor should cause the mud window to enter its scrollback, instead, the mapper still zooms.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:58 pm   

I cannot reproduce this at all. How exactly is your mapper docked?

My normal MUD session has the mapper docked to the right and various chat windows docked at the top. When I open the settings editor, the mousewheel properly scrolls the editor or the tree view depending upon which has focus.

Sounds like maybe you have some software on your computer that is interfering with normal mouse focus operation or something. But you should also always mention what version of Windows you are using.
adalius
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm   

I always forget to mention my windows version don't I :D

Its on XP SP3

I have my main mud window, a window docked to the top of that, and a window docked to the right of that one.
On the far right side I have the mapper docked, then my status window above it.

So it looks like:

1 2 Status

MUD MAPPER

With MUD being the width of 1 & 2 combined, and status being the width of Mapper

I have no software that should be hijacking the mousewheel. I've even disabled/killed any processes that weren't
system required or CMud itself and it still does it.

If I open the session with the windows listed above, mousescroll controls mud scrollback properly. If I click the mapper,
it controls zoom, properly. If I click 1 or 2 it controls their scrollback, properly. Regardless of what I click last, as soon
as I open the package editor and scroll, it zooms the map. Even if I click the package editor first to force it to have
focus, it still zooms the map.
*EDIT* Just played around some more, I don't have any settings that have a scroll bar, if I make one that does and
go through the process it works fine. So could it be that it's not properly setting the focus when there isn't enough
data in the code window to cause a scroll bar to appear rather than just having it do nothing at all?

Is there anything else I could do to help you track this down as it is rather annoying. I also imagine it won't be high
on your bug list as you can't reproduce it and it seems that I'm the first report of this since like... version 2.37 or some
such based on a forum search.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: