Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:50 am   

[3.07-3.08] Wrong icons for advertised MUDs

1. Rename My Games->CMUD Folder.
2. Open cMUD.
3. Notice how the icons for two of the advertised MUDs are the standard cMUD icons.
4. Hit Escape to close the Sessions Window.
5. Press Sessions button in toolbar to open the Sessions Window.
6. Notice how now the icons are shown correctly.

Last edited by Rorso on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:45 pm   

I'm not sure what you mean in step 1. Exactly what directory are you renaming? If you rename "My Documents\My Games\CMUD" to something else, then you are missing a lot of data files in that directory added by the installer that are needed to run CMUD. So I wouldn't be surprised if it has all sorts of problems.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:47 pm   

Isn't cMUD supposed to recreate "My Games\CMUD" at startup if it doesn't exist? Does the installer go through each user to create the folder during installation?
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm   

Rorso:

Sentence1 - I'm fairly certain it does. Or at least it definitely does the very first time you run it and surely it would know this from not finding a CMUD.INI which ought to mean it would do so again if the folder was renamed.

Sentence2 - I'm fairly certain it doesn't. It wouldn't be much use for users created after installation. Far too big a mistake for Zugg to make.

The thing is given the assumed information regarding sentence 1 then this ought to be able to be replicated on a completely fresh install as surely the sessions db is being created in the same way each time.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:55 pm   

Rorso--I bet that the muds that are showing the Cmud icon are ones which are no longer being advertized. Earlier this year, Zugg had a new auction for advertizers, so the list of advertized muds changed. It won't properly recreate the folders for the muds no longer advertized, which might leave muds listed in your startup without packages or icons.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:48 pm   

Rahab wrote:
Rorso--I bet that the muds that are showing the Cmud icon are ones which are no longer being advertized. Earlier this year, Zugg had a new auction for advertizers, so the list of advertized muds changed. It won't properly recreate the folders for the muds no longer advertized, which might leave muds listed in your startup without packages or icons.

I did a clean reinstall of cMUD and still get the same problem. 2 of 7 advertised MUDs don't have their correct icons shown. Instead the default cMUD icon is used.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:56 pm   

I am not able to reproduce this. The first time your run CMUD after a fresh install, it should download the CMUDSTARTUP.INI file from our server and then download and create all of the paid icons. Do you have something that might be interfering with this file download?

Anyone else able to reproduce this??

Which exact MUDs are not getting their icon displayed?
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:51 am   

Zugg wrote:
I am not able to reproduce this. The first time your run CMUD after a fresh install, it should download the CMUDSTARTUP.INI file from our server and then download and create all of the paid icons. Do you have something that might be interfering with this file download?

It is Materia Magica and RetroMUD. Icons are shown - just not the correct ones. The weird thing is that if I close the sessions window, and then open it again by clicking Sessions on the toolbar then the correct icons are shown. It only seems to happen right after startup.

You actually don't need to do step (1) to get the error. I wrote that step just to make sure you got all the correct icons downloaded.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:30 pm   

Zugg wrote:

Yes I was able to reproduce this.

I completely cleared my hd of anything CMUD related, no My Games\CMUD, no Program Files\CMUD.

I downloaded and installed 3.08, everything was default in the installation except for removing the mud listing tick box.

I allowed CMUD to run from the installer tick box.

I cancelled the zMUD import screen.

Materia Magica and RetroMUD did not display their icons they displayed the CMUD icon instead. Closing and reopening the sessions screen refreshed their icons to the correct ones.
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:32 am   

Bug is still present in version 3.08.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:00 pm   

OK, I was able to reproduce this with a clean install. Looks like the image cache for the icon images isn't getting refreshed until the session screen is re-opened. Not sure if it's something I'm doing, or if it's a bug in the ListView component that is displaying the sessions. But I've added it to the bug list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: