Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:22 pm   

[3.06] Can't view properties for any rooms on my mud map

I can't view the properties for any rooms on my mud map for some reason - I can right click the room, select properties - but afterwards nothing happens. I've tried both in Mapping mode and Follow mode, and also tried restarting CMUD to no avail :(

I tried opening a new mud window to see if I would be able to do it on the map for another mud (since this one is imported from old version of CMUD ".mdb" file instead of "dbm") , and it won't even let me open a new map - even when I close the map for the other mud :( screenshot

edit: I tried closing cmud totally, re-opening, and making a brand new session on a totally different mud, opening the map then making a room and trying to view properties, and still nothing :( also, Undock seems to be greyed out, similar to how docking wasn't working on discworld mud this is kind of "locked" as docked ...

edit: SORRY this is 3.06, not 3.07, I should have checked properly first sorry, I just assumed I had the latest version because it was a fresh install - I think it's likely I'll have the same problems since it doesn't say fixed in the version history, if it does fix it I'll post back here in an hour or so if not it's still broken ( :( )

Last edited by deathkitty on Wed May 20, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm   

Try reloading the layout file, hold shift while opening your session.

Have you tried Window>Room Properties to bring the room properties window to the front?

When viewing room properties, make sure you select either the map location object you want, or none to choose which room at will.
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm   

Thanks, that got the window back when I manually pick Window > Room Properties that's a good workaround thanks :)

right clicking and doing properties, or ctrl+p both still do nothing though :/

I found another bug also, looks like it's probably related to the map window resize one, also showing the wrong theme (default) different than what it's actually set to (Flat theme) like the main map window bug :S
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: