Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:03 am   

[3.07] Room Scripts breaking #walk

If you use %nextdir and #tele in room scripts your speedwalks will break. Here is how to reproduce it:

Make a series of rooms in a line( south to north in my example), choose a middle room and open room properties, edit room scripts. Put this code in the room script:

#if (%nextdir = n) {#tele adjecentroomafterthisroomyouwillspeedwalkto}

Then use #walk to go from the southernmost room to the northernmost room. You will get the first dirs right, but then after the roomscript fires you directions will be sent like 3nj, ect. And you cannot speedwalk anymore until you restart
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:31 pm   

Has anyone been able to reproduce this? It's still present in 3.08 and breaking some of my walks.
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:39 am   

Thats not a bug, #teleport clears the speedwalk queue

#TELEPORT wrote:
Add the option "noclear" to this command to prevent the mapper queue from being cleared by the walk.

It wouldn't be very beneficial to #teleport across a map and have the current directions... to different rooms still lined up. So try adding the "noclear" and see if that fixes your problem
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 pm   

The noclear option doesn't restore the previous functionality. Also, I've been using this method to deal with variable exits for quite some time instead of making a ton of identical rooms (such as situations where you can choose the difficulty of the mobs or for arena instances, ect). What has been happening is as the mapper is creating the path, the room script is executed and the location is teleported, and the path resumes being created from that new room number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: