Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:37 pm   

zugg, I've stopped using CMUD beta

I just thought I'd let you know I am not using CMUD beta anymore because it has some serious problem in Windows Vista 64 where it gets data corrupted or something still... It's really annoying and I just can't put up with it anymore sorry

I did a fresh install of CMUD, not using any of my own mud files and it still happened :(

the most frustrating part is i've sent numerous bug reports to you before even talked with you and I can't believe when I cam to install CMUD on my new PC it still has this problem :( yet I see all these other changes in the version history it's like it's been given zero priority or something

i'm a very longtime customer of you you might remember I had my dad email you years ago about upgrading my cmud when it first came out :/ i was using zmud for ages before that too

edit: I can't believe it is in fact still doing it on a brand new fresh install of Cmud 2.37 (not the beta version, the one directly from when logged in the store viewing my order) after the other one started doing this crap :(

Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:52 pm   

It looks like a compression bug. Try to disable compression. Look at Options->General->Session->Emulation and then uncheck "Compression (MCCP)". That should prevent the MUD from compressing its output before sending it to cMUD.
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:01 pm   

thanks, it doesn't happen when I turn compression of so yeah... hmm

but that's not really a solution since I need fast response times and without that its a lot slower :(

maybe something is left behind by an old version of cmud or something? I don't know is there any list of all the registry keys and stuff in windows/syswow64 etc (im using windows vista ultimate 64-bit) or something I can check to try delete manually like with graphics dirvers
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:19 pm   

Does it happen when reconnecting to the MUD, or does it happen when connecting to it right away after starting cMUD?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:34 pm   

It happens when connecting to the MUD. I've experienced it myself, to be honest. It is MCCP compression, though I'm not sure which side is at fault. I'd be more inclined to believe it is CMUD's fault, though.

The problem with bug reports, deathkitty, is there needs to be a reliable way of reproducing the bug reports. If you can do this 100% of the time on the MUD you play, and it even does the same when you connect from a fresh session (meaning you don't use any settings, period), and you can reproduce it with a method, then it's easier to look at. Zugg's priorities are in line. He can only fix what he knows how to reproduce. Otherwise, he'll just wind up screwing something else up trying to find a pain in the rear bug such as this.

As far as I know, it's only done when connecting to the MUD. If it's doing it throughout the sessions, you might ask Zugg about sending your package over to him so he can test it with your package. Otherwise, just reconnect a few times, and you'll be in the clear.

Charneus
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:48 pm   

charneus wrote:
Otherwise, just reconnect a few times, and you'll be in the clear.

From testing it appears that reconnecting pretty much guarantee compression errors.

I have added a post about the problem to the Beta forum linking back here.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:34 am   

I get an issue if i try to reconnect to a disconnected session (on this MUD) where it will throw up garbled error reports for me to click through.
If i close CMUD and start up a new session, it goes away.

The garbled text still shows up in the scrollback buffer sometimes, but if you log in manually, things sort out for me as soon as i am logged in.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 am   

Having the same problem as Charneus on the same MUD. Every now and then when I first connect with MCCP, I get a garbled greeting screen. Logging in makes it go away. If I had to guess I'd just say that CMUD is having some issues negotiating the compression. The errors occurred for me in 3.06b on Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I seriously doubt 64-bit is the issue though, since to my knowledge CMud is a 32-bit application, and will run as such.

Charn, are you using a 64-bit arch?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:04 am   

No. Using 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Happened on Vista Home (32-bit) as well. I'd say that your doubts are confirmed.

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: