Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:45 pm   

[3.06] Sessions with custom toolbar vs. sessions with no customizations

I noticed that if you load a session that has no changes to the default toolbar layout after just running a session that did have changes, then the newly loaded session 'keeps' the custom toolbar from the other session. This includes disconnecting and 'closing' the session with the customized toolbar so that the default 'untitled' session tab is the only one open.

Is this correct, or should the 'default' toolbar always be re-loaded when going to a session with no toolbar customizations?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:16 pm   

No, unfortunately that's just how it works. Imagine having multiple sessions loaded at the same time...the toolbar isn't going to magically switch between the different session customizations because it's only a single global menu and toolbar. So what you get is a "merge" of all session customizations. If session A adds a command to a menu, and session B adds another command to the menu, then when you open both session A and B at the same time, you will see both new commands in the menu. When you close a session, the previous customizations remain because the toolbar customization system doesn't have any way to easily remove those additional items.

I'm afraid this is just a limitation with the 3rd party toolbar customization system that I'm using and it's something you'll need to live with.

I might be able to change it so that if you use the File/CloseAll option to close all existing sessions, then it can restore the default toolbar layout before you load a new session. But that's the only time TeSSH would know that it should restore the default layout.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: