Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ArtesMagae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:25 am   

Constant Reconnect Attempts

Despite connecting to my MUD just fine, CMUD seems to be continually attempting to connect again in the same window. I am running the newest version, but the problem actually began just before upgrading. Any ideas? Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:14 am   

My guess would be an errant trigger, alarm or event. Check to see if you using the #CONNECT command anywhere.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:24 pm   

Also remember that MUD playing requires a persistent network connection. Normal web browsing and email do not require persistent connections. So if you have a flaky internet connection, it can cause MUD sessions to disconnect/reconnect even though the rest of your web browsing is fine. The problem can happen anywhere on your network connection, with your ISP, etc. It can still happen even if the MUD is fine. You can use the Command Prompt in Windows to run the PING program to check for any packet loss on your network connection.

Nothing has changed in the network engine in CMUD for a long time, so unless you have added a script that is causing this like Tech mentioned, then it's more likely a local network issue.
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:38 pm   

A nice option to check for the stability of your connection is Ping Plotter. They have pay and free version, I linked to the free version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: