Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
radboi22
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:51 pm   

MAPPER DIRECTIONS, SPEEDWALKING

Is there anyway to get mapper to send %1 %direction?
Example, during slow speedwalking, it sends east, waits for the ok, then sends the next directions,
how do I get it to add something before the sent direction, like, sprint east, sprint southwest, sprint north, instead of just the regular direction.

Thanks!
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:02 pm   

Nope. Building a smarter pathfinder is something I hope will be easier after the next phases of the mapper rewrite, because muds have lots of different ways to get around.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:23 am   

Erg, it should be noted that said mapper re-write is for CMUD ;)
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:09 am   

Quote:

Is there anyway to get mapper to send %1 %direction?

Nope.

Actually, yes there is. #DIRECTION allows you to insert code into the speedwalk command. Macros don't use the #DIRECTION functionality, however, so if you want your macros to be included you might want to edit them from "n" to ".n".

Here's a very simple example:

#DIRECTION ns {%concat(@move,n)} n

When speedwalking, when @move is empty then it will just send "n" like normal. If you had to use the swim command, however, you could use the walk script in the mapper to set @move to "swim ", and at that point a speedwalk north from that room would automatically "swim north".

Like the OTHER COM field in the room properties window, the Direction textbox is simply not intended to hold significantly-sized code blocks. Keep it simple and small, and if you need something larger put it in a @function() or an alias (assuming using them in directions is allowed).

NOTE: some game commands move you multiple rooms at a time, so you'll want to include functionality somewhere to make sure your map location remains accurate (doing so might end up messing up mapper functionality like room scripts, since I don't know if #TELEPORT and other means to get there will activate those).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: