Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 am   

[3.05] Room Exit Links not properly colored

Twice I've had something change in my mapper where the room exit links on the map for levels above the current one, have changed color to black. I don't know what causes it, this last one could have happened upon my install of 3.05. This time, I went into the config settings, then to the colors tab of the appearance tab. I then changeed the overall hue to a different value, (it seems to me it was set at red and a fine tune hue of -1) being blue, with a fine tune hue of 142, and this corrected the problem. Not a big deal, but thought I'd report it since it's happened twice.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:51 am   

I had an issue with this before and it seemed to correct itself when I told it to be solid above and below. But I'm not certain now if that was why it did it, or if a change in the color tab happened to fix it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:25 pm   

Haven't been able to reproduce this at all. Since the graphics engine for the mapper is being replaced later this summer, I'll likely ignore this for now unless someone can find a way to reproduce it.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:56 pm   

Ok, I think I can reproduce this.
1. Zugg you have my fox20.dbm file. it may work with other.dbm files as well
2. with cmud closed, copy the .dbm and .ini files as different files in the map directory. Then open cmud and delete the mapper module setting for the old one and exit the automapper.
3. reopen cmud and the newly named .dbm file
4. at this point the links for the above level above the current one should be black as well as those on the current level. Here is a screen shot of what mine looks like right now:
5. Change the overall hue to blue which now makes it look like this:

The links above are currently colored as they should.
This seems to be a fairly minor problem, however hopefully this info will be enough to help fix the bug when ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: