Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mazer327

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:11 pm   

Letters At Right Boarder Repeated - Xterm with VI

When I go into edit my code, I see letters being repeated at the right boarder.

Example -

Code reads: // If the player is a mage, make it run through the mage_schools function. Returns TRUE if player has input a school naa
me, FALSE if not.
Should read: // If the player is a mage, make it run through the mage_schools function. Returns TRUE if player has input a school na
me, FALSE if not.

Name is the word that is at the right boarder of cMUD.

From what I can tell, this is another purely visual error, not actually duplicating the letter itself.

Let me know if I can be more specific on this, or need to provide further information!

- Mazer
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:31 pm   

Can you send me the file that you are editing so I can try it myself? Also, does it have any effect when you resize the CMUD window? If you make the window smaller, does it repeat letters earlier in the line?

Also, when reporting any problems like this with VI, I need you to verify the terminal type that you have set in your CMUD Preferences, and also check the terminal type that your server has detected by typing:

echo $TERM

on your command line. You need to verify that both CMUD and your server are in xterm mode. You can also change your terminal type in CMUD Preferences to VT100 and then reconnect to your server to see if the problem only occurs in xterm mode or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: