Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mackeo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:01 pm   

Commandline #ALIAS and #TRIGGER does not work?

Hello,

I have a weird problem that I hope someone can help me with. Somehow, somewhere, things have bugged out completely for me since I obviously cannot type in #ALIAS {be} {buy egg} or similar things in the commandline any longer. What also is a bit weird is that the lpmud that I play on no longer seem to get the expanded aliases any longer. I am using CMUD v.2.37.

What's the problem then, I can still use the GUI to modify them?
Yes, that might be true... but even if I am able to add an alias to my list of aliases they do not expand any longer for that session. I.e .. if I type "be" without quotes after adding the alias the expanded text "buy egg" does not seem to be sent to the mud any longer. The funny thing is that it seems like it is only one session that is affected by this. I have different trigger/alias-sets and so on for different characters on the same mud and the aliases there seem to work well and fire as they should. Existing #triggers seem to still work and fire as usual, but if I have any #alias as the command of the #trigger it does not fire/expand. They worked well for a day ago and I'm not quite sure what I (or my kitten) have managed to get to.

I have checked up the few things I thought could affect this, such as disabling and reenabling all previous settings (aliases/triggers and so on) but it does not seem to work. I also checked under the options menu that 'enable triggers' are checked, and they are. I also checked the special characters and the # is enabled and still used as command char. If I go into the GUI and select an alias and 'execute script' the alias expands/fires okay.

What have I missed? Where is there more hidden options to turn off aliases? I'd be grateful if someone could help me out here.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:13 pm   

There's a computer icon in the bottom left - make sure there's not a cross through it. If there is, click it.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
mackeo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:48 pm   

Doh! Well, that was easy... didn't look like the computer icon was crossed, but clicked it a couple of times anyway and now it all seems back to normal.

Thank you for your quick answer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: