Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:54 pm   

[3.04] Regex Syntax Highlighting

None of my regex triggers have highlighting now.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:23 pm   

Hmm, not just regex triggers, but all syntax highlighting in the Pattern field seems to be missing now. Not sure what happened to it, but I've added this to the bug list.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:22 pm   

Hmm, this bug has mysteriously disappeared now and I didn't do anything to fix it. I can confirm that v3.04 doesn't show syntax highlighting for the trigger pattern, but the v3.05 works fine within Delphi. I have no idea what is going on here...might be some uninitialized variable somewhere.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:20 pm   

Well, this one is getting annoying. I created a test release of v3.05 and the trigger syntax highlighting is broken again. Works fine when running within the Delphi environment, but not in release form. Looks like something different in the files between the two directories, but I can't figure out the exact cause yet. So I'm still working on this one before I can release 3.05. Hopefully later today or tomorrow.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:58 pm   

Highlighting does disappear, yes, but all it takes to make it highlighted again is changing scripting languages. Don't have to save, just change from zscript to a different language and back again using the drop-down box.

Don't know if it'll help with locating the bug, but it works.

For what it's worth, though, it only stops highlighting for me if I make a change to a script, save it, keep package editor open, switch to another trigger, then back again. *shrug*

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 pm   

No, that's not the highlighting problem I'm talking about. The issue with changing the scripting language effects the syntax highlighting in the *script* box, and that bug was already fixed in v3.04. We are talking about the syntax highlighting in the *Pattern* field for triggers. It remains off regardless of the script language selection.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm   

OK, this is getting really weird. I added some debugging print statements to the code, and apparently when the CMUDPro.Exe file is in my "release" directory instead of my "development" directory, the PCRELoaded flag isn't getting set to true, as if the PCRE78.DLL isn't getting loaded. The PCRE78.DLL file is the same in both directories. So I have no idea what's going on here, but now it looks like I get to start debugging the DLL loading. This is really frustrating.

(PCRE is used to perform the syntax color highlighting for the Pattern field).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 pm   

Bah, found it! Vijilante will remember this one...the class that defines my SyntaxEditMemo component was still calling the old pcre76 unit, instead of pcre78. So *both* DLLs were getting loaded into memory. If the PCRE76.DLL file did not exist, then the syntax highlighting for triggers wasn't working. This didn't effect normal PCRE triggers because the rest of CMUD was loading the proper PCRE78.DLL file.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 am   

Now I am really sorry I changed the dll and unit names. I am somehwat surprised that I haven't yet found a 'search all project files' in Delphi Maybe you should just rename the pcre76.pas to pcre76.pa for one compile an make sure there are no other lurkers.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:59 pm   

The Edit/Find in Files option in Delphi allows you to specify a specific directory and search all subdirectories. I also used grep to do the searching. The problem was that in the case of the zApp Memo component, the source code was in a different directory where my old zApp components were stored. So that's why I had missed it. And yes, I renamed the pcre76.pas file to make sure also. But no problem...at least I found it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: