Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
thucar
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:45 am   

#OK and #STEP doing the same thing

I'm using #SLOW and #WALK commands to move about. I have autostep disabled in the config. But it does not matter which command I issue, #OK or #STEP they both do the same thing, instead of #OK confirming and #STEP stepping. What else am I missing?

Example: #SLOW 3e followed by #OK and #STEP will step east twice, instead of just confirming and stepping once. And I do have my map open, as I read some ppl have had problems with that. The same issue occurs with #WALK command.
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:28 pm   

How big is your step delay? I THINK that #STEP will force a step even before the step delay is done, whereas #OK won't, but if your step delay is zero (or potentially very low) then you wouldn't see a difference.

Another way to think of it is that #OK tells the mapper it has arrived in a room, and the mapper then says "Well what do I do next?" to which the answer is "Take another step."
thucar
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:28 am   

Thanks for your reply. I got it sorted by adding a check to see if #OK had been received to the #STEP command. But now another question, I'm using %walkconfirm(1) to force confirm #OK on some occasions, it works fine, but also it sends '1' to the MUD. why is it doing that and how can I make it stop? same with %walkmode(value). It sends the actual value to the mud.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 am   

You should use #CALL when calling a function by itself.

Code:
#CALL %walkconfirm(1)

What you're seeing the return of the %walkconfirm function.
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:05 am   

Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: