Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
phujitsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 am   

Your two cents and suggestions wanted on this wouldbe code..

Okay Tried to write my own stat reviewer/possible reroller and ran across a snag here is my pattern.

Choose from any of the following groups of abilities...
Group: 1 2 3 4 5
Str: 15 13 13 15 12
Dex: 9 17 13 14 12
Con: 14 16 14 12 13
Int: 14 15 12 15 11
Wis: 12 9 12 12 11

And here is my script/code etc

#VAR Vstr1 %1
#VAR Vint1 %2
#VAR Vwis1 %3
#VAR Vdex1 %4
#VAR Vcon1 %5
#VAR Vstr2 %6
#VAR Vint2 %7
#VAR Vwis2 %8
#VAR Vdex2 %9
#VAR Vcon2 %10
#VAR Vstr3 %11
#VAR Vint3 %12
#VAR Vwis3 %13
#VAR Vdex3 %14
#VAR Vcon3 %15
#VAR Vstr4 %16
#VAR Vint4 %17
#VAR Vwis4 %18
#VAR Vdex4 %19
#VAR Vcon4 %20
#VAR Vstr4 %21
#VAR Vint4 %22
#VAR Vwis4 %23
#VAR Vdex4 %24
#VAR Vcon4 %25
#if ((@Vstr1 > 16) and (@Vint1 > 16) and (@Vwis1 > 16)) {#echo Check Out The RolL!!}
#if ((@Vstr2 > 16) and (@Vint2 > 16) and (@Vwis2 > 16)) {#echo Check Out The RolL!!}
#if ((@Vstr3 > 16) and (@Vint3 > 16) and (@Vwis3 > 16)) {#echo Check Out The RolL!!}
#if ((@Vstr4 > 16) and (@Vint4 > 16) and (@Vwis4 > 16)) {#echo Check Out The RolL!!}
#if ((@Vstr5 > 16) and (@Vint5 > 16) and (@Vwis5 > 16)) {#echo Check Out The RolL!!}

This is where I get lost, I don't know how to make a trigger set the variable?
Here's a half thought theory...

#trigger {Str: %1 %6 %11 %16 %12}
#trigger {Dex: %4 %9 %14 %19 %24}
#trigger {Con: %5 %10 %15 %20 %25}
#trigger {Int: %2 %7 %12 %17 %22}
#trigger {Wis: %3 %8 %13 %18 %23}

If anyone cane improve, offer better script/code
Zmud 7.21
Windoze Xp Pro..

Thanks in advance
Scirkhan
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:12 am   

Code:
#trigger {Str: &Vstr1 &Vstr2 &Vstr3 &Vstr4 Vstr5} {}

Something like that should work. It has been awhile for me but it'll work. I am guessing you don't want a 5th set, so:
Code:
#trigger {Str: &Vstr1 &Vstr2 &Vstr3 &Vstr4 (%d)} {}

Code:
#trigger {Str: &Vstr1 &Vstr2 &Vstr3 &Vstr4 %5} {}

Code:
#trigger {Str: %1 %2 %3 %4 %5} {#var Vstr1 %1;#var Vstr2 %2;#var Vstr3 %3;#var Vstr4 %4}

Any one of the above Triggers should work. Test out using Triggers like this.
--
Not bad it looks like you did pretty good. Also I may not have correctly understood your question, please correct me if I did not.
Let me know how it goes.
Thrillhouse8
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:27 am   

When a trigger fires, it reads the parameters just as it reads the text--from left to right(and with multi-line triggers, left to right, THEN top to bottom). I'd recommend reading the pattern matching section in help. For a trigger to recognize some sort of variable input, you'll need to tell it what type of input to look for(numbers, letters, both, spaces, and so on), with each type having a different pattern. In this case, the Strength trigger pattern would look like so:
Code:
#TRIGGER {Str: (%d) (%d) (%d) (%d) (%d)} {[i]commands[/i]}

or
Code:
#REGEX {Str: (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+)} {[i]commands[/i]}

The %d tells the trigger to look for any numbers, and the parenthesis around %d tell the trigger to save each number as a parameter. The regular expression is similiar, \d tells the trigger to look for digits, + means there is at least one digit to match, and the parenthesis mean to store the matched digits as a parameter.

So, referring to all the stats read in at once(ie., with one trigger), Str would be parameters %1 through %5, Int would be %16 through %20 and Wis %21 through %25. If there's irregular spacing between the digits, I'd recommend using %s or \s+, without parenthesis. For instance, this would match all the given stats, regardless of how they're spaced:

Code:
#REGEX {Str:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nDex:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nCon:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nInt:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nWis:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)$} {}

\s+ = at least one space,
(\d+) = at least one digit, saved as a parameter
\n = new line
$ = end of line

And putting that into a code...

Defining the highest unacceptable stat:
Code:
#VAR cutoffStr 16
#VAR cutoffInt 16
#VAR cutoffWis 16

@compare(str, int, wis) == 1 if str, int, and wis are all above their respective highest unacceptable numbers,
@compare(str, int, wis) == 0 if str, int, or wis are equal to or below their respective highest unacceptable numbers:
Code:
#FUNCTION compare {%if(%1 > @cutoffStr, %if(%2 > @cutoffInt, %if(%3 > @cutoffWis, 1, 0), 0), 0)}

Matching the block of stats, and passing the parameters to the @compare() function:
Code:
#REGEX {Str:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nDex:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nCon:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nInt:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\nWis:\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)\s+(\d+)$} {#LOOP 5 {#IF (@compare(%param(%i), %param(%eval(%i + 15)), %param(%eval(%i + 20)))) {#ECHO Check Out Roll!! - Group %i}}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: