Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Shalbane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:32 pm   

Disabling shift+enter

Is there any way to disable the shift+enter feature which adds a carriage return to the input bar? I absolutely detest this feature. I play a very fast paced mud, and sometimes, admittedly so I may accidentally hit shift+enter at the same time on my laptop. It was never a problem with zmud, however it has become one now that I have migrated to CMUD. Please tell me there is a way to turn this feature off, I have checked everywhere.

-S
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:16 pm   

No, unfortunately not. It's actually a Windows "feature" not a CMUD feature. In any multi-line input box in Windows, using Shift-Enter will usually enter a hard line-break. I might be able to intercept the keystroke message and change this behavior, but probably not for the next beta version. zMUD didn't have this problem because zMUD wasn't using a standard Windows control for it's command line. zMUD used a very old version of the Windows RichEdit component, which didn't implement this "feature".
Shalbane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:23 pm   

Ok, a follow up question. Is there a way to lock the size of the input box so that it does not expand when you add more than one line?

-S
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: