Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
intoK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:29 am   

[3.02] doubleclick speedwalking

seems to be broken since new engine, .<directions> and manually generated with #map queues work fine...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:21 pm   

I cannot reproduce this. Is anyone else having this problem? You might check your speedwalk mode. But double-clicking a room on my map is sending the speedwalk directions just fine on my MUD here.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:21 am   

intoK, this may seem like a silly question, but.... under Configuration Settings for the mapper, and under the Speedwalking tab, do you have 'Speedwalk to room when double-click' checked? I'm not sure if that option saves, so you may have to check it every time. That may be why you're not speedwalking to rooms.

Charneus
whorn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:21 pm   

I'm having this same issue, and I do have the speedwalking option checked. I'm using 3.03 btw.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:39 am   

I began having an issue after playing for a while. With 3.03 that is. Instead of performing the speedwalk, it just turns my cursor into the 4-direction arrow that is associated with the Move command for my windows pointers. I'm using Vista, and not sure if it is the issue.
whorn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:00 am   

Dumas wrote:
I began having an issue after playing for a while. With 3.03 that is. Instead of performing the speedwalk, it just turns my cursor into the 4-direction arrow that is associated with the Move command for my windows pointers. I'm using Vista, and not sure if it is the issue.

Now that you say that it did the same thing to me. I didn't know why that started to happen, but I know it was after I tried using speed walk and now I can't highlight areas on my map anymore because it keeps thinking I want to to move around inside of the map, rather than box something in.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:01 am   

Now that I've had a chance, right-click and 'Speedwalk to room' doesn't work, either. Neither does 'Highlight Speedwalk Path.'

Something is definitely up with that, even though I don't use it myself.

Charneus
intoK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 pm   

yes well, thats because apparently in 3.03 mapper dosnt work at all, just upgraded 5 mins ago and cant to c**p

%walk to next room returns nothing, %walk to some portal destination returns wrong portal, no path generating function works

and yes, i had options set in config, as i said, it was working partially, sending part of sw and putting up even less to map queue, but nvm, now it cant generate path at all so it just shows 'arrows cursor' for a split second Rolling Eyes Confused
intoK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:45 pm   

aha, upgrade messed up my directions class, path generation works (direction wise) again after fixing, but it still uses wrong portals

edit: nope, it dosnt, just seemed to work for a sec, directions get messed up when closing settings, something is very wrong here, back to 3.02
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:45 pm   

Please try to determine what is happening to cause this. I cannot reproduce any problem with this at all. Try exporting your session to a new session file to see if there is something corrupted in your old file.

On the portals, I actually tested your specific map file between v2.37 and v3.03 when I was fixing the speedwalk speed and I never ran into any differences with the portals being used. So I would need a specific example that I can test with your map here that shows the problem with the portals.

Finally, please remember that the purpose of beta versions is to help track down bugs. Please don't just give up on 3.03 and go back to 3.02 because then the bugs won't get fixed.
whorn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:59 pm   

I'll play around with it tonight or later this week and see if a fresh session helps at all. I know my sessions have been imported and kept around forever so I could see that being an issue.
intoK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:30 pm   

i dint had much time to play with it (or anything for the matter) master z, ill try to look into it next day or so tho

but basically all pathgenerating functions stopped working (just like in charneus thread, mapper followed normally as well), with exception of generating path to immediate portal destination, but that used incorrect portal (always portalid = 1), yet portal dialog box looked perfectly normal

on corruption, i doubt it as after downgrading to 3.02 everything works just as it did before upgrade
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:00 pm   

Yep, I just posted in the other thread that I can confirm this problem as well in the released version. It isn't doing this in my development version, so I'm still investigating what is causing this problem. I'll try to get a new release out this week to fix it so that you can play with it more over the holidays.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:55 pm   

Well, I am having the same issues as intoK.

No path generating scripts work. If I type in a path like .2ej into the command line it works just fine.

I created a new session that was completely blank and created a new map with just three rooms and the same thing occured.

I'm going to uninstall and delete the folders and try again now.

Edit: Or not just saw that you can confirm this so I will let it be for now.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:16 pm   

OK, just released the 3.03a version that should fix this. Please let me know if this fixes the problem for everyone. Same file names in the download area, but you should see 3.03a in the Help/About box.
whorn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 pm   

Zugg wrote:
OK, just released the 3.03a version that should fix this. Please let me know if this fixes the problem for everyone. Same file names in the download area, but you should see 3.03a in the Help/About box.

Speedwalking seems to be working now. Both double-clicking and just rightclick speedwalk are good for me now.

However when you click on the map when it is in follow mode it will move the map around rather than highlighting. Is this a new functionality for the new mapper? It appears in mapping mode then I can select multiple rooms like before. Just an observation not a problem really.

Thanks!
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 pm   

whorn, yes, it was added just recently. Instead of selecting the rooms, it'll pan around the map. Read up on version histories. ;)

Zugg, thanks for the fix! :)

Charneus

Edit: By the way, if you really want to drag to select rooms, there's an option for it under View. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: