Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:58 pm   

[3.02B] HELP problem with #LOCAL and #LOCATION

Because at the present time it seems that both #LOCAL and #LOCATION use the same short name, #LOC, when one clicks on #LOCATION, one gets #LOCAL, it being first in the collating sequence. At the moment, the only way I've found to get the help on #LOCATION is to search for the full name string.
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 am   

I reported this already. The problem is they have both been assigned the same short name. '#LOC'.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:22 pm   

If you run the Get Updated in the Help window now, then this should be working again.

Edited: Of course, now the problem is that if you try to access the help for #LOCAL in the v2.37 (or older) versions of CMUD, you will get the help for the new #LOCATION command. And if you try to use the #LOC abbreviation in v3.02 or later, be aware that it will call #LOCATION and NOT #LOCAL. If you want to use the #LOCAL command, you need to spell it out fully, or use the $var=value syntax to initialize a local variable.

Not much I can do about the help discrepancy. There isn't any way to set a different help file for older versions of CMUD. And in v2.37 the #LOCAL command points to the #LOC help entry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: