Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tarken Aurelius
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:53 am   

CMUD+Chat

Anyone know the timeframe of zChat or cChat for CMUD? And whether or not it will work if the other user(s) ha(s|ve) zMUD. I'm not sure how that works exactly :)
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:18 am   

After the mapper rewrite, but probably before the database module rewrite. So I'd guess at sometime late Spring 2009. But that's soo far away that I can't really make any promise on the release time. The mapper is the highest priority right now and there is a *lot* to do with it first.

The chat will be built-into CMUD...no "cChat" or anything like that. Yes, it will be compatible with the existing zChat protocol, and I'm hoping to make it Jabber compliant so that it will work with other chat software such as Google Talk.
Tarken Aurelius
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:26 am   

Thanks Zugg, was just looking for a general idea. I know how long this stuff takes. Keep up the good work though, I like whats come so far, thus I spend more time here now to help others so they might use these things more often too. And I'm really anxious about this new mapper!
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 am   

Is there a link that talks about the concept?
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:55 pm   

Quote:
The chat will be built-into CMUD...no "cChat" or anything like that. Yes, it will be compatible with the existing zChat protocol, and I'm hoping to make it Jabber compliant so that it will work with other chat software such as Google Talk.

Niiiiice. This sounds awesome
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: