Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
telepasea
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:45 pm   

Room Properties: Other Commands

Doing some mapping, and there are rooms that are in the direction of northup, eastup, southdown, etc.

I don't really want to have a whole bunch of level to have to deal with, and it would be nice to keep the map "flat" for these kinds of exits.

So I've been using the "other comm" option in the room properties, so that when I walk with the numberpad the command for the appropriate exit is sent instead of just north, or south, or whatever.

So far so good!

Until!

I started setting up triggers to have the map follow me when I am sneaking, or when I am in pursuit of an animal. Separate ones for each.

Here is a small part of one of the triggers to show what it does

Pattern: "You are not sure if you were successful with sneaking (%w)."
#if (%1 = "southdown") {#map south}

Of course, there is a long list for all of the directions. But all basically the same.

So my problem is: When I sneak "southdown" the map correctly follows me, by moving "south" on the map, but then it also sends the "other command" from the room properties (which would be "southdown" in this case) to the mud, effectively making me first sneak southdown, then move another room southdown.

Any way I can get around this?

Thanks!
Rappy
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:31 pm   

Try not quoting the southdown in the pattern match.

-Rappy
telepasea
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:37 pm   

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but if I do, I don't think that would work.

I need to have any direction that I choose to sneak in matched, the (%w) part, obviously. And then that matched part has to go through the if statements to choose where to tell the map to follow.

What I need, basically, is for some way to make the map not send the other command to the mud when entering the room, temporarily. Like if there were a way to make it only send the other command when I enter the room using the keypad, or something like that.

Seems like this is not possible, and I might just have to deal with it.

But I'd welcome any ideas! :D
Rappy
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:21 pm   

#if (%1 = southdown) {#map south}

-Rappy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: