Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
saet
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:25 pm   

#DELCLASS - Can't delete classes outside of root

If I create a class in my main package, I can use #DELCLASS on it. But if I make another package and add a class, #DELCLASS does nothing to it. #CLASS blah 1/0 works on it fine though.

Anyone know a workaround I could use in the meantime? I need to just clear out all the settings in a class.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:54 pm   

As #CLASS works fine, I'm thinking you're running into an issue where your default class/module settings is set wrong and thus #DELCLASS (and the older #UNsetting issue from ZMud) can't see or operate on your target. You probably need to use #MODULE to properly set the default module scope (a similar issue inflicted the various #UNsetting commands in ZMud, where your deletion didn't occur if the default class was not set to the class with the setting to be deleted; to get around that, you had to #CLASS whatever, then do the #UNwhatever, then #CLASS 0 to go back to normal).

Given the shareability of packages, however, this might be an intended safety feature so that someone else's package can't maliciously modify my own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: