Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:33 pm   

homepage, announcement of closed Beta

From the home page or the Create Account page, it's not obvious that the service isn't available for signup.

The search engines might find it, so a prominent notice of a closed beta and/or a rollout date might be good before the user tries to fill out the application form.

-Tarn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:07 am   

If you try to sign up for an account without the magic promotional code, then it will tell you that the site is currently not accepting new accounts but to check back soon.
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:03 pm   

Zugg wrote:
If you try to sign up for an account without the magic promotional code, then it will tell you that the site is currently not accepting new accounts but to check back soon.

I see that.

Incidentally, Google has found the site. I was puzzled by that for a while, but I wonder if they get domain name registration feeds from somewhere.

Maybe I'm unnecessarily grumpy, but:

If I found a business on the internet, decided that I wanted their service, examined the prices, picked a package, read the terms of service, and filled out the signup form, only to be told that they weren't open for business, I would never come back.

On a positive note, you could offer people a signup list for notification at go-live.

I don't know how quickly you'll be operational or how quickly the public will find the site, so this might all be moot if noone's going to see the page before go-live anyway.

-Tarn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:43 pm   

Yeah, I'm hoping the site will be live soon enough that it won't matter.

Google definitely gets some sort of feeds about new domain names. Also, once I mention this site in my Blog on Zuggsoft.com then it will get pushed even higher in Google because our blog pages get very high ratings on Google and are indexed very quickly.

I'll also be adding the site to my Google web-admin account which I think also gives it a better position. I'll also be doing a Google Adwords campaign eventually too.

But all I have left to do before the public release is the ecommerce stuff to actually pay for accounts. And I'm hoping that will be done by mid next week.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: