Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:17 pm   

CMUD2.36 Two carryover bugs from previous version(s).

There are two bugs which persist:

1- TEMP triggers used as command inside main trigger still get created in the main window's folder and are not deleted.
2- Duplicate variables are still being created in the main window's System folder. This does not always occur and it occurs at random times, AFAIK, but often enough to be disruptive.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:19 pm   

For item 1, temporary triggers, the general scoping rules apply. Basically the debate that helped to create those rules reached the conclusion that settings that have to be created should be created in the window. This was mostly based on considering variables, where each window may have a different variable value, but the script that uses that variable needs to be able to interract with the correct value based on which window activated it.

This applies equally to temporary triggers, as only the window running the script that created the trigger is expecting that text. We really wouldn't want the temporary trigger to be created in a global module by default. Zugg mentioned making temporary alarms not be saved in another thread and hopefully all temporary settings will receive the same treatment.

The issue with duplicate variables in the "System" class is generally caused by some of the mapper code. Zugg is currently working on preforming the full rewrite of the mapper, and this should be fixed when then is completed.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:13 pm   

I appreciate what you say about scoping. I am not particularly worried about where the TEMP trigger gets placed. What concerns me is that after it executes it doesn't get deleted. I have to manually delete tens of these triggers that were generated when the main trigger fired.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:32 pm   

Can you give me a specific example of your TEMP trigger and exactly how it is fired so I can try to reproduce this? Thanks.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:18 am   

The actual trigger does not do what it is supposed to do in the test. I just set it up to create the error:
Code:

<class name="TESTEMP" id="14569">
  <trigger priority="145700" regex="true" id="14570">
    <pattern>-{64}$</pattern>
    <value>testdata = ""
;;
#CALL %vartype(testdata,4)
;;
#TEMP {-{64}$} {endtest} "" "notrig|regex"</value>
    <trigger name="tt1" type="Within Lines" param="50" regex="true">
      <value>testdata = %additem(%trigger,@testdata)</value>
    </trigger>
  </trigger>
  <alias name="endtest" id="14571"/>
  <var name="testdata" type="StringList" id="14574"/>
</class>

The idea is to capture a block of data between two strings of "----....---" and place each line in a string list. When I output data that will fire the main trigger, the #TEMP trigger gets created in the main window folder permanently.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:15 pm   

So wait, I'm confused. From your example it looks like the #TEMP trigger is using the same pattern at the "testtemp" trigger that it is contained within. Is that correct? I can see that causing potential problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: