Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:11 pm   

Delphi 2009 announced

Code Gears (now part of Embarcadero Technologies Inc.) just announced their new Delphi 2009 product. The main highlight of this new version of Delphi of interest to Zuggsoft customers is that it finally fully supports Unicode.

It will take some time for 3rd party developers to support this new product. In particular, I don't see DevExpress on the list of 3rd parties supporting Delphi 2009, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time (I have emailed DevExpress about this).

I don't yet have any details on exactly how they are supporting Unicode and what changes are needed to existing applications to support this. So I don't know how hard it's going to be yet. And I have my own components that I'll have to convert as well.

However, I'm not going to worry about this right now. The new mapper is still my current priority for CMUD. I am still in Phase 1 of the mapper conversion, and I plan to complete Phase 2 before I start looking into Delphi 2009. So, I probably won't be playing with Delphi 2009 until at least Spring 2009.

But it's really nice to see that CodeGears has delivered on their plans for Unicode support that they announced last year. And now the CodeGears is part of Embarcadero instead of Borland it will be interesting to see if that's an improvement or not.

This should be good news for potential CMUD customers who need Unicode support (like Chinese support) for either MUD playing, or for SSH/Telnet using the new TeSSH product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: