Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Megan3142

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:56 pm   

Zmud Mapping

Hello everyone!

Okay, I've never been much of a poster but I've looked everywhere in this forum and others for my answer. If I have missed something entirely obviously, you have my apology ahead of time.

So, I've been trying to use the automapper in zmud (playing Achaea) and I am having the hardest time. While trying to map out an area, I get directions stuck in the queue area and it seems almost as if my map is one step behind my actual movements.

I used the auto-configuration settings initially. With this, I wasn't having much trouble with the directions getting stuck in the queue but instead the first line of the room descriptions were being mistaken for the room name. I reconfigured by settings from suggestions in the game's forum. Now everything seemed to be working wonderfully.

Now, I don't know what happened but the queue keeps my directions. I try the ESC button or double clicking the queue box but I'm constantly having to adjust exactly where I am on the map and then after struggling to get an area completely mapped, I go back through the area, using "Follow" on the map, and in some areas it doesn't follow my current position. I even tried walking SLOW.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you for any help!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:51 pm   

Achaea is a common mapper-problem mud, there should be a bunch of posts about it.

Your basic problem is that #TAG is pretty much your only option, so you need to figure out triggers to match on room info only.
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:07 pm   

Several things may be happening here. It's possible that the rooms aren't matching exactly (depending on your configuration), so zMUD doesn't think of you've successfully moved to the next room.

In the mapper configuration you can try matching on Room Name only for SpeedWalking or decreasing you step delay. If you have a high step delay, you may have gone two rooms when zMUD thinks you only have gone one, and then it won't match.

I don't play Achaea, but I know several folks here do who can give you more input. But if I understand correctly, the can have some fairly complex maps and you may need to try Improving Room Detection to help zMUD keep track of where you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: