Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Smooth
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 pm   

Scrolling selection/highlight bug?

Okay bear with me, this might be somewhat hard to understand.

You need enough text in your buffer to scroll up a fair ways, so the screen splits into the two parts, the updated mud output at the bottom and the rest is your buffer (same as pressing scroll lock on the keyboard). Now when you have scrolled up a bit, use the mouse to select some text and drag the cursor down past the split so it will start your buffer scrolling down. When you do this, the text gets highlighted all the way down into your mud output, which is fine. However if you hold the mouse button down so it keeps scrolling, the selected text in the mud window will flicker selected/unselected constantly, making it very hard to select from the point you want in your buffer all the way to last line of output from the mud.

I am sorry if this is not clear but I'm not sure how else to describe it. Hopefully you can see what I mean if you try it for yourself.

I hope this can be fixed, it has been around for as long as I can remember, although I know it did work properly at one time. :(
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:28 pm   

The workaround for this is to click at the start of the text you want to select and then hold down the Shift key and click at the end of the text you want to select. The text block will automatically be copied into the clipboard. This is usually a lot easier for large text blocks since you don't need to hold down the button and scroll and also works better when new text is arriving from the MUD at the same time.
Smooth
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:00 pm   

Ah, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: