Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:29 pm   

Trouble with CMud mapper and room script

I'm having difficulties with the mapper and a script I made.

I've got a square room with 4 exits, but they sometimes have mobs that block me from leaving. What I tried doing, was in the room script, #var blockdir 22222 Then I set a trigger for when the mob blocks me from going one of the 4 directions, it'll simply teleport me to that room in the map.

However, it never sets blockdir, but if I do #show hi , it will display hi.

The problem with the mapper come in. I tried simply erasing the #var blockdir 22222 from the room script, it replaces it with Walk | All and I just can't seem to remove it...

Can anyone help with the trigger, and help me remove Walk | All from the room script? I can replace it with anything else and it'll stay, but if I completely erase it, Walk | All goes back.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:52 pm   

2.37? Room scripts are pretty borked in that version; significant changes have been made in the beta, which you might want to try if you're willing to accept that there might be beta bugs that'll permanently break things for you, or that might break something and you might not know it's broken until a future version.

As to the actual mechanics of the script, I suggest you take a look at the #nodir command, which you should be able to trigger off the "the mob stops you going that way" message and prevent the mapper from expecting a new room.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: