Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:51 pm   

[2.33] New Connection causes exception when you click on its window

I sent in some crash dumps (with this report on the last time) from a slightly different situation relating to the New Connection button that occurs when you already have two Sessions open, open another 'New Connection' and click on it.

1. Open a saved session.
2. Open another different saved session to somewhere else.
3. Ensure focus is on the 2nd session.
4. Open a new connection.
5. Click on its tab.
6. Get a crash.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 as many times as you like or skip to step 8.
8. Click _in_ the window on the 2nd session.
9. Optionally click back on the command-line and this will take you back to step 5.
10. If you skipped you step 9, now you can click on the 3rd tab (new connection) without an error.

The error says "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window".
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:41 pm   

I'm having a hard time reproducing this particular crash. Although I'm also having a weird problem connecting to one of my SSH connections. My existing session won't connect, but a new connection to the same hostname/port/user/password works fine. As far as I can tell, the two sessions are identical, but one works and one doesn't, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Obviously some problems here with TeSSH. The problems also exist in CMUDPro, but I don't think many CMUD users have tested the New Connection command.

Anyway, thanks for testing all of this. Unfortunately I don't want to get too distracted with TeSSH right now, so I guess it's real release is going to have to wait a while. Too many problems to start selling this yet.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:45 pm   

What might possibly be relevant is that Sessions 1 and 2 are SSH, while the New Connection is Telnet (in my testing - I don't know if this is a requirement for the error).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: