Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:57 am   

using lua requre on windows vista

I was trying to use the sqlite component that is part of the lua AIO package avalible from http://luaaio.luaforge.net/
I started by playing in the lua interactive command line on a windows xp machine. When I tried to start scripting in cmud, on a windows vista machine I get this error...

The lua_path and luac_path envyroment varibles are set correctly, as well as forwarding dll files. If I try to requre any expansion library I get this same error, even from a lua script/interactive command line. I have searched the web for any similar problems, but the nearest I could find they were saying that the file couldn't be found, which is NOT my problem, if I rename that lsqlite.dll to something else I get a different error.

Anyone have any suggestions?
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:10 pm   

I was looking at this a little more and I noticed something, Cmud ships with lua5.1.dll that is 112kb, where as if you download the precompiled binarys lua5.1.dll is 160kb. Obviously something is different between the two, I'm assuming Zugg changed something for compatiblity reasons with cmud. Keeping this in mind i renamed cmud's lua5.1.dll to lua5.1old.dll and copied in the precompiled lua5.1.dll as well as the required MSVCR80.DLL file.

When i did that i got this message, several times durring the loading process of cmud.

At that point I clicked ok till I could load into blank session and tried to require sqlite and got same error as previously posted. I get no error (from requiring sqlite, or the runtime library) from the lua commandline interperter. With this new information, what is different about the lua5.1.dll that cmud comes with, and why is it affecting requireing of sqlite?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:25 pm   

Hopefully Fang or someone else who is more familiar with Lua can comment more on this.

When I looked for the latest version of Lua several months ago, I forget which site I got the current lua5.1.dll from. But the precompiled one (160kb) that you mentioned seemed to cause problems in some cases because it contained some debugging code or something. Sorry I can't remember more about this, but maybe someone else does. All I know is that there were many people getting error messages about not being able to load the lua.dll until we started using the newer, smaller one that ships with CMUD.

I also know that there is a huge problem with various library naming conventions and some Lua packages. We changed the DLL name from lua.dll to lua5.1.dll so that it would work with the LuaSQL package.
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:15 am   

Not sure why debug could would CAUSE bugs, but thats good enough reason for me, as it explains the error message above, that being said...

Anyone have any idea why i'm getting the first error message with the default lua5.1.dll shipped with cmud, or have an alternitve sqlite lua driver, Or a driver for another relatively easy database?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: