Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lina
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:06 pm   

[2.32] Question about disabling a module.

When I right-click on a module icon (the yellow icon) to uncheck the 'Enabled' option inside the Settings window under 'All' view, I am still able to make changes to and trigger off aliases, variables and triggers in that module. This makes trying to test for errors in one's system a little harder, if one has to remove the entire package. This meant to be this way? Question
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:06 am   

Hmm, no, it wasn't meant to be that way. But I cannot reproduce this problem. Here is what I did:

1) Run CMUD and close the Session window
2) Open the Settings Editor (Ctrl-G)
3) Select New/Module from the toolbar and enter "test" for the Module name. Click Save Changes.
4) Select New/Variable and enter "a" for the variable name. Enter 123 for the value. Click Save Changes.
5) On the main command line, type "#SHOW @a". It properly displays 123.
6) Back in the settings editor, right-click on the "test" Module and turn off the Enabled option.
7) On the main command line, type "#SHOW @a" again. Now it doesn't display anything.

So in this test, disabling the "test" module made the variable unavailable from outside the module. So post your own procedure that shows the problem that you are talking about.
Lina
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:16 pm   

Ok, I think it has something to do with that lack of updating problem on the tree view. Perhaps. Anyways, procedure to reproduce below.

1) Run CMUD and close Session window
2) Open the Settings Editor
3) Select New/Class from the toolbar and enter "TestClass" for class name. Click save changes.
4) Select New/Variable from the toolbar and enter "TestVar" for variable name. Enter "testing" for the value. Click Save changes.
5) On the main command line, type "#SHOW @TestVar". It properly displays 'testing'.
6) Select from dropdown menu, new package and enter "TestPak" for package name. Enter ok.
7) Return to tree view of "all". Drag class folder "TestClass" onto tab of "TestPak".
8) On the main command line, type "#SHOW @TestVar". It properly displays 'testing'.
9) Return to tree view of "all". Right click on module "TestPak" to uncheck "Enable".
10) On the main command line, type "#SHOW @TestVar". It incorrectly displays 'testing'.

Note: If CMUD is shut down and restarted, and that package is loaded up, there's no issues.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:03 pm   

Confirmed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: