Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dreamopolis
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:50 am   

Update help

Hi, can someone help?

You have version 1.34 of CMUD, version 2.30 is available.

I then click upgrade now and it very quickly downloads the update and gives me the log in screen of my fav. RPI.

Then, I think to restart and so I do, I receive "You have version 1.34 of CMUD, version 2.30 is available. " once more and the update has not installed.

Any help on this?
dreamopolis
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 am   

Oh, and I have also rebooted the machine several times after trying this update before.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:53 am   Re: Update help

Download from http://forums.zuggsoft.com/index.php?page=4&action=file&file_id=68 and install manually. It might be a bug in the 1.34 updater.

Please remember to take a backup of your settings/scripts before making updates. A lot has changed since version 1.34.
dreamopolis
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 am   

Thank you, that worked beautifully!
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm   

Yeah, Zugg may want to take a look at that. I haven't been able to update through CMUD itself in who knows how long.

EDIT: "May" being the operative word. I'd much rather have the mapper update than time to be spent on something that isn't game breaking.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:27 pm   

I think that the bugs in the update system were already fixed. No one using a recent version has reported any problems.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:56 am   

I just did. But it may be a CMUDPro problem as that is what I use. Wouldn't even update from 2.29 to 2.30
Nicodareus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:10 am   

The autoupdater on mine hasn't worked from 2.27 through 2.30. i've been having to download it from the website.

or

avonarys@gmail.com
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:40 pm   

I'll need a lot more information before I'll be able to track this down as it works fine for me here. I need to know what version of Windows you are using and where you installed CMUD (or CMUD Pro) to. Then I need a more detailed description of exactly what it does when you try to update and where it fails.

The updater is supposed to download the file to your Windows Temp directory and then run it from there. On Vista there is probably a permission problem since the installer wants to run as Admin. I'm still learning how to "elevate" the permissions for Vista from Delphi code.

But I'd like to know if you find the update file downloaded to your Temp directory or not. Then try running that downloaded file outside of CMUD to see if that works or not.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 pm   

Running Vista Home 32-bit.
Installed to c:\Program Files\CMUDPro
Session files to %DOCUMENTS%\My Games\CMUD

When I Check For New Version from 2.29, it brings up the notification that there is an update and gives me the correct options. However, when I click on Upgrade Now, it brings up the update screen but it doesn't even attempt to download the update. It reads 0% progress and closes out almost immediately. Nothing is getting saved in a temp folder from what I can see, unless it doesn't have cmud in part of the file name.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:59 pm   

Bah, there was a stupid typo in the file on the server that reports the correct file to download. I was testing CMUD and not CMUDPro and CMUDPro was broken.

Try "Check for New version" again now and it should work.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:14 am   

That worked. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: