Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zortek
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:32 am   

[2.30 CMudPro] Second & subsequent (simultaneous) sessions non-responsive

Opening first SSH session works. Opening additional sessions (tabs) to the same server using the same parameters (session icon) results in blank, non-responsive sessions. Closing the first operative session does not change the performance of the non-responsive sessions.

The security/connection log does not report the additional sessions trying to connect.

I was only able to test against one server tonight, so I can't determine if it is a one-off challenge.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:46 pm   

How exactly were you opening the additional sessions? Were you selecting them from the Session pull-down menu, or from the Session window itself? Definitely sounds like a bug, but also make sure that your server is set up to access multiple SSH connections from the same source. Some servers restrict this.
Zortek
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:20 pm   

Opened with session pull-down and with the window from the session button window. Additionally, I tried changing the session from tabbed to "bottom" hoping to isolate it as a tabbed behavior, but still no joy.

To verify external multi-connection capability, I opened up 3 PuTTY session windows and followed up with a pscp from a dos window to nemo (from my laptop outside the network). Internally, I opened up several ssh connections from a sibling server to the same account.

TODO: You had mentioned that you had experienced slow response between connect and banner. My single sessions have quick response. One thing I haven't done is wait a long time for additional sessions... I'll do that now. I can throw down some sessions and pop off into a meeting. I'll check back in a bit to see if there is a behavior change.

Z
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:03 pm   

OK, let me know. I have added this to the bug list and will test it with the zuggsoft.com server which doesn't have the slow connection problem. Multiple sessions are tricky because they share the same database settings file, and hasn't gotten a lot of testing. It's something that I want to test more and fix for TeSSH, but hasn't been a big issue for CMUD since I encourage CMUD users to only open multiple sessions of *different* session files.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:55 pm   

Looks like it's another weirdness with your particular server. Maybe it's related to the long connection delay issue. But I was able to make multiple SSH connections to our zuggsoft.com server using either the Session drop-down menu, or the Session window itself without any problems.

So I'm still not sure what it is about your server that is causing all of these issues. Maybe someone else with another SSH server can test this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: