Play RetroMUD
Zortek
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:35 pm   

[2.29 CMudPro] Uncertainty when exiting SSH session

Server: RHEL 4 & 5, Centos 5, SLES 10
Client: WindowsXP Pro, Windows XP64 Pro
Protocol: SSH2

This one is not a show stopper... just an observed behavior or minor annoyance.
Code:
[root@nemo /tmp] <do stuff>
[root@nemo ~]# exit

Window just goes blank and non-responsive (sorta expected) but...the session doesn't close or CMud doesn't appear to know the session has ended... the connection timer continues to run and I'm not certain the connection has terminated cleanly.

Other terminal programs close the window, return to a connection panel, or have some visual clue that the session has terminated. Where this might become problematic is if we move to the next logical step and try to automate a series or sequence of sessions and exit condition is indeterminate.

It's minor, but when moving fast between sessions it can disrupt one's chi (and any disruption in the natural energy of the universe is something that my staff loves to complain about). Rolling Eyes

Z
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:20 pm   

Hmm, that's an odd one. That means that CMUD is not getting a Socket Disconnect message from the Windows network stack. This doesn't happen when I try to connect to our own linux server via ssh, so it might be server dependent. Or it might be some option on the 3rd party SSH socket components that I am using.

Is it possible to get me a test account on your server? If so, send me a private message with the details and I'll try it.
Zortek
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:37 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Is it possible to get me a test account on your server? If so, send me a private message with the details and I'll try it.

Yes, I'll send you the information in a couple emails.
Z

[ed] Done. Sent the server info, username, and pw in two "contact us" entries.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:06 pm   

OK, reproduced the problem with the disconnect. I'm seeing the SSH tunnel getting closed, but for some reason the SSH components don't send the normal Winsock socket disconnect message. So I'm going to need to trap the SSH tunnel message myself.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:46 pm   

OK, well, I don't know what is causing the huge connection delays, but I just tried PuTTY and it had the same problem as CMUD. So it must be something normal with how your server is doing the connection somehow.

But, I was finally able to get logged in with CMUD and I confirmed the problem with the Return key sending 2 newlines, and also the problem with "exit" not closing the connection. I have fixed both of these problems in v2.30, and I also added support for the "SSH Banner" messages that your server was using to display the login text.
Zortek
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:25 pm   

Zugg wrote:
OK, well, I don't know what is causing the huge connection delays, but I just tried PuTTY and it had the same problem as CMUD. So it must be something normal with how your server is doing the connection somehow.

I reproduced the delay in logging in that you were experiencing. A missing new-line in the hosts.allow was creating the unnecessary delays. That was my hasty typing error. Thanks for the patience. <blush>
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: